Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment
Special Event Guidelines
Below are the guidelines for renting the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment (Scripps Seaside Forum) for an exclusive event.
- No rice, birdseed, rose petals, confetti, glitter, sparklers, floating sky lanterns, fire pits or tiki torches will be allowed on the premises.
All decor must be approved in advance on walk through of the facility with your event manager. Anything that alters or attaches to the landscape/building might not be approved. Fire codes might provide additional restrictions so it is best to request approval prior to your event to avoid making changes on the day of your event.
- The delivery and pick up of all rental items must be done on the day of your event.
- If a rehearsal is necessary, it must be scheduled around any event taking place at the Scripps Seaside Forum. All rehearsal
participants are restricted to the wedding party only.
- ALL music and or entertainment will end at 10:00 p.m. If
you decide to extend your event by one hour, there is a charge of $750 per
hour and music must be contained inside the building after 8
p.m. These arrangements must be included in your contract.
- Should you choose to hire any outside vendors for your
event, i.e., wedding planners, musicians, entertainers, etc., a
one-day certificate of insurance naming the Regents as
additionally insured is mandatory as well. Certificates of
insurance are not needed for the catering companies or equipment
rental companies as those certificates of insurance are on file
with the university.
- Trash cans must be ordered through your caterer and trash must be picked up at the end of your event.
- Total event logistics, must be approved by your event manager.